Paul Dano's hair.



Film With three hundred odd available films to get through on my current non-blog 1001 Films To Watch Before You Die project I don't have much time for television so I've entirely missed the new adaptation of War & Peace, but will catch up some time perhaps in whole evening when I can find out exactly what Paul Dano's hair problem is (it's all people seem to talk about on Twitter).

BBC Genome has an excellent blog post about previous adaptations of Russian literature on the BBC
. Some novels do keep reappearing:
"War and Peace was first adapted for BBC TV in 1972, in a 20-episode version by Jack Pulman (who also dramatised I, Claudius in 1976, and Crime and Punishment in 1979). The lavish production was broadcast on BBC2, part of the long running strand of classic adaptations on the channel."
Could the viewers of that adaptation would be as readily available as the book forty years later?

No comments: